This program focuses on development of fundamental skills in instrumental and mechanistic chemical analysis that are required to understand the sources, fate and impacts of both organic and inorganic contaminants in soil, water, air, and biological tissues. It involves a solid foundation in chemistry with specialized courses in environmental and analytical chemistry, and contains flexibility for students to select additional courses in areas of study of most interest to them.
This is a limited enrolment program. Students must have completed 4.0 credits and meet the requirements listed below to enrol.
Completed courses (with minimum grades)
The following courses with the stated minimum grades are required:
1. ( CHM135H1, CHM136H1)/ CHM151Y1
2. ( MAT135H1, MAT136H1)/ MAT137Y1/ MAT157Y1
3. CHM210H1, CHM217H1
4. ( CHM249H1 strongly recommended)/ CHM247H1
( CHM220H1/ CHM222H1 is strongly recommended.)
6. At least 1.0 credit from: CHM317H1, CHM327H1, CHM338H1, CHM343H1, CHM348H1, CHM379H1
7. CHM410H1 and CHM415H1
8. Additional 200/300/400-level CHM courses to a total of 7.0 CHM credits ( CHM299Y1, CHM396Y0, CHM397H0, CHM398H0, CHM398Y0, CHM399Y1 excluded)