We are pleased to announce the two winners of this past summer’s second annual Chemistry Art Contest! We received several submissions from talented artists across the Department.
Many congratulations to our two winners, who have received a cash prize for their chemistry artwork!
- At the Heart of COVID-19 by Ethan Lee
- Lucky Cauldron by Bilal Saqib
Thank you to all who participated for helping us to celebrate the creativity of our community! It was a very close race, and we had many excellent submissions including the following honourable mentions (in no particular order):
- Pillar of (Molecular) Creation by Yousuf Ramahi
- Untitled by Mark Panas
- Brain Rot by Melissa Au
- Chromatic Metamorphosis: The Enigmatic Oxidation of Copper by Masum Billah
- ICAAc by Daniyah Asad
- Spectral Peaks by Anastasia Charlery
- Grandpa’s Formula by Irene Zuniga
- Environmental Chemistry Colloquium Cover Art by Kristen Yeh
- Two LEDs by Kevin Ryou Inoue
- Eutectic Lead-Tin viewed in Scanning Electron Microscopy by Can Ran Liu
- Atomic Movie by Nita Ghosh
- Az Mapu by Francisco Yarur
- Glovebox Pun by Renee Eleftheriades
Check out our digital display below and in our social media to view the submissions above! You may also find some of these pieces and others on display around the department.
Art Contest 2023 by Patrick Wong
You can pause, rewind and fast forward using the navigation bar