In the Department of Chemistry, we strive to be an equitable and inclusive community that fosters and celebrates diversity. Through our core mission of furthering knowledge, education, and research for the betterment of society and scientific advancement we are strongly committed to creating an inclusive environment that is safe, welcoming and free from discrimination.
To create this environment, we are dedicated to:
- Providing educational opportunities to faculty, staff and students to develop cultural competencies and increase their awareness of conscious and systemic biases
- Developing initiatives which promote diversity and inclusion in collaboration with the University's Equity Offices and other groups
- (Increasing accessibility by) Removing barriers to support our community members in fulfilling their academic, research, professional development, and employment goals
- Supporting equity-seeking groups in their initiatives
- Incorporating principles of EDI into the education, research, and training that we provide in the work and learning spaces of the chemical sciences